Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WEEK 4



The mind is its own place,
and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

- John Milton, Paradise Lost




This place has a way on making you forget about
everything else that goes on beyond Barnard Harbor. I'm still in full spirits and can't believe the amazing opportunity I have been presented working at KPL. I've been able to get around to almost all the departments. I've done everything in the F&B department such as dinning room server, food prep, and dish pit. Chef, Sherri, and Naomi have been awesome to work with and have taught me so much. Their professional attitude, patients, and work ethic is inspirational. They always seem to come up with fresh ideas and are more then willing to share their secrets.

I've also had the opportunity in the last week to join the guest services team; welcoming guests, helping them to their rooms, and making sure that their everyday activities are organized and on time. Its really nice to see that side of the spectrum.

My day off this week was incredible! I woke up early monday morning and went on my first heli ride in Fred's "machine"(chopper lingo). We flew to the Gamble guided by James. We dropped him off at the river all by his lonesome, then flew back to the lodge to pick up his guests. We were gone for almost 2 hours. It was an amazing flight. The clouds were all very low so there was very little visibility in some areas. The scenery was spectacular and from what i hear the fishing was just as good.

This week the weather was crazy! The kitchen temp climbed to a whopping 40 degrees and the outside temp was about 25-28 degrees. It made for a hot and sweaty kitchen and restaurant. We all powered through the heat but we lost Chef due to a burst appendix. He's on the road to recovery now and we are hoping to see him back in action asap. I look forward to the return of our fearless leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment