Friday, September 10, 2010

WEEK 9





PLS BE PATIENT>>> EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES...

So for the last few weeks my new MacBook Pro has been having some issues. Basically it freezes every time I try to use it so I have had some trouble keeping up to date with my weekly blogs due to this. SOOOO you are getting a double blog entry today.

So things are starting to slow down in the GBR and KPL. It has began to feel more and more like summer is ending. We haven't seen a lot of sun in the past week. Lots of rain, I guess that's why they call it the rain forest. I've been working in the kitchen and the dinning room for the past little while and things have been going well on both sides. We are starting to run like a fine tuned machine.

We have seen sooo many cool things this week. We had a couple humpback whales swim into the harbor and came nearly 15-20 feet away from the dock at the front of our lodge. I took some footage of them for a few minutes and I hope to use it in my short video I'm "trying" to work on. The sunsets have been pretty spectacular for the best couple days too. Reminds me how beautiful this place is and of how much I'm going to miss it when I leave.

Fishing has been not so good on the water for the past little while, but the rivers have been stocked full of pink salmon returning to the rivers as well as steelhead and cut throat trout. I've been trying to get out there as much as possible to get good use out of my new fly rod and new setup. I finally got my PFD this week so no more bulky orange life jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment